Tabbyblog

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wing of the moth

It all started with a ball of roving I couldn't resist, a merino wool and silk blend in a beautiful golden ochre colour.
It was so easy to spin, the silk made it glide, making it possible to get quite fine. 100g seemed to slip through my fingers so fast, and before I knew it I had a ball of fine spun singles.

I had found a pattern for a shawl 'Wing of the moth' which after a couple of tension swatches I made it fit my yarn.
It was the first shawl I had made, but I really enjoyed how it evolved, although towards the end I had about 500 stitches on my needle and it took forever to finish a row.


When it was all knitted up, it was blocked, (another thing I hadn't done before), but what a difference!! the pattern suddenly appeared, and the whole piece draped beautifully.

Best of all though, I entered it in the handicraft section at Sedgefield show and I won first prize!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger acrylik said...

Congratulations! A reward richly deserved! Will you bring your shawl along on Friday? I'd love to see it all finished :)

Lovely to see you again last Friday - great to have time out for a couple of hours and chill :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh WOW congratulations . I am thrilled for you and it is really beautiful shawl

9:57 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Oh Well Done! So much fine skill, a great win. I plan to come by knit and Knatter in Bishop again very soon. Looking forward to seeing folks.
Cheers Gillian

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home