Tabbyblog

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Washing fleece while the sun shines!!










I have been making the most of the good weather, by washing all the fleeces I have collected over the past couple of months.




pictured is the blue faced Leicester, and the brown (or morit to be correct) shetland, which I picked up from wool fest. Also the black hebridean lambs fleece, which I found on my doorstep last week, thanks to Julie who I met on the stall weeks ago, she had promised me a fleece and here it is, I have named it Amy, 'cause it looks just like Ms Winehouses hair!!




My felted bag turned out sucessfully, it was difficult to get a decent picture, but the texture is perfect





I also finished of the crochet flower that I started off at Knit knots Knitting cafe, with thanks to Carrie-Anne.

Finally I finished Leia's jumper. This was knitted with hand spun Alpaca fleece, from Fowberry Aplacas. This particular Fleece was from Giselle, you can see her on the Fowberry website. www.fowberry-alpacas.com . The pattern was a neck down circular pattern, which meant that all the stripes matched up perfectly. It fits Leia really well , but I didn't think it was fair to make her pose in this weather!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Giselle produces a delightful fleece and it has spun and knitted up beautifully. Well done!
cheers Gillian

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

I forgot you had some of that BFL - mine washed up lovely, how is yours? Love the alpaca jumper it really shows of the natural variations brilliantly! Shame about your House of Hemp - didn't you buy that at WoolFest?

8:45 PM  
Blogger artyfartykat said...

Helloooo!
The bag looks fab, but I just lurrve the jumper! It looks fantastic! Gutted I missed Knit knots, but looks like you were busy there! Flower looks good.
Hope to see you Friday

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home