Tabbyblog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Felted Wensleydale bag



I found a really simple pattern on Drops for a felted bag, I was looking for a no brainer pattern for the 6 hour journey down to my parents house in Sussex( I wasn't doing the driving by the way) Stocking stitch all the way, even in the dark. The tention exactly matched Wensleydale Aran, and was beautiful to knit up.


I've just finished sewing up the seams today, even though I've been back for almost a month!! (I must point out though that our washing machine had packed in, and we had to wait for over a week for the new one to be delivered, not very encouraging for finishing off felting projects!!)


This is how it's looking before felting
This is a close up of the stitches, showing the twisted strap.
I am just off to the (brand new)washing machine now, taking a deep breath. Watch this space!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger artyfartykat said...

Nice to have you back! Seems like forever since I've seen you!
Hope you had a brill holiday, the bag looks fab, hope it's felted OK.
Happy new washing machine too!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Bag looks fab. Glad you had a good time on your hols.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Bag looks fab. Glad you had a good time on your hols.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home