Tabbyblog

Monday, July 02, 2007

Wool fest stash.




Here we are again, Back from wool fest. And this is what I found..... Not a Knitting yarn in sight!!! Only fibres, which means I have a lot of work to be keeping me busy.

I was brave and with the help of Kath picked out some raw fleeces, a beautiful moorit shetland, a bluefaced leicester, and a ryeland. I couldn't resist the angora rabbits so had to get some fibres from them, some raspberry ripple tussah silk, some angelina fibres for mixing, baby camel and silk(which I'm spinning at the moment)and some raw Gotland fibres.


I have seen the wheel of my dreams....a majacraft....oooh. But I need to be saving my pennies, and my old faithful traditional is still going strong, especially with the new parts I bought it.
A good time was had by all. and it was so good to meet up with good friends, old and new. I just need a year to recover!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger artyfartykat said...

Thanks for a fab few days Becky. Your stash looks bigger than I remembered!! Happy spinning and I'll see you up there tomorrow!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, where did you hide all that? I don't remember you buying all that much :D Thanks for a fab few days I had a great time.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

It was so lovely to meet up with you Becky All of you were so great and I hope we see each other again soon. You have great haul there too :)
Which Majacraft do you fancy ? I tried the Little Gem at Wonderwool and was disapointed with it for the price. I'm still looking for a fold down wheel; yeah right and I am skint LOL One day :)I did try the new Kromski this time though but again I felt it was rather flimsy , so far its the Lendrum I am still lusting after, what r we like !!!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

Wow what a good haul you got there Becky! We got some of that angora as well to play with but haven't a clue what I'll end up doing with it though. No doubt we'll be seeing plenty of spinning from you now! It was lovely to meet you this weekend and put a face to a name (which is silly as there are photos of you here but you know what I mean!)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

What a wonderful stash! Was lovely to meet you all there, and hope to see you soon.
Love
Claire x

7:08 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

It's a good thing all those sheep keep growing their fleece!
Cheers Gillian

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home